Prison staff quarters were called “the guards’ row house”. The row house was built in 1912 on the premises of the prison. It was repaired many times and was inhabited by prison staff until 1983. The single-story wooden row house was for three families. Exterior materials such as roof tiles as well as the water well and kitchen stoves show what life was like for guards’ families in the Taisho era (1912-1926) and the early Showa era (from 1926).